-- "Stephen L. Ulmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is rumored to have mumbled on Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2003 16:57 Uhr -0500 regarding Re: imapd's hang when maxchild count is reached:

Hmmm... what does Sendmail do?  It's got lots of children, but still
manages to refuse connections when it gets busy (RefuseLA)...  I kinda
like that behavior.
Yes, but there are potential problems with it. I'm currently in discussion with Claus Assmann and the Red Hat support. 8.12.7 under Advanced Server has in several cases apparently lost signals in this situation. As a consequence sendmail permanently stopped accepting connections after delaying them ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK