RJ45 wrote:

hello I noticed that getpwent method of saslauthd fails on solaris, it
works with pam or shadow but not with getpwent. IS it normal for Solaris 9
? or is there some trick to make it work?

During the transition here, I was running saslauthd -a getpwent because it was easier to hack the backdoor password into the getpwent method rather than pam, and it worked just fine feeding from NIS+ on Solaris 9. Is you name service switch setup properly? Are you running NIS, or are you using local shadow files?

--
John A. Tamplin Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health +1 404/727-9931