Gloria Rom wrote:

Do I *have* to use gcc to compile cyrus-imspd-v1.6a3 on Solaris 8
(sparc)?

Has anybody used /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc (Forte 6 update 2) instead of gcc?

I haven't tried imspd, but there were a couple of minor edits required to use SUNWspro rather than gcc for imapd. The auto-generated SNMP files which have stubs for non-SNMP have variable arguments in macros which is a gcc extension, so I changed it from (I don't remember the exact functions) #define func(aaa,...) to #define func 0 && so that it would ignore the arguments. However, the enum constants are still needed, so I also had to move them from the SNMP section to the outer level and do away with the typedef voids.

I don't know what trouble you are having, but it should be trivial modifications to get it to work with a stock ANSI C compiler.

--
John A. Tamplin
Unix Systems Administrator