Lars Peterson wrote:

Yes libdb-4.1.so is in the same directory I passed to configure for bdb-libdir.
Permissions are same user I'm building as, and mode is 775.

I was able to link against these libraries successfully for an openldap-2.1.19
build.

Then I suggest looking at the log generated by configure and see why it didn't think it passed the test.

I'll take this into consideration. I've had no problems thus far with db-4.1.25
with respect to openldap / slapd...

Right, I haven't had any problems in any other application either. I don't know if that is because they don't get as heavy usage or if the usage pattern is different or what.

What kind of problems were you seeing on your Solaris box?

After a week or two of uptime, I would get ENOSPC returns from dbopen, and sieve would stop working (since my duplicate delivery database is using db3_nosync). Other people reported similar problems with 4.1.24-25 in this list without any resolution, until someone suggested to me that going back to db 4.0.14 would fix the problem.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931