sandra wrote:

Patrick,

I have tried to do the conversion from db4 to skiplist for the cyrus-imap compiled with db4, but, there is a error message:

# ./cvt_cyrusdb mailboxes.db db4 mailboxes.skiplist skilist fatal error: unknown old backend Why doesnt it recognize db4? I have to compile with some other parameter, like --with-mboxlist-db=db4 ?

Thanks

Sandra

I think you will need two versions of cvt_cyrusdb! One linked with db4 to do the conversion from db4 to skiplist and another binary linked against db3 with which to convert from skiplist back to berkeley.

--Christian