blast wrote:

As far as I've been able to find, the only way to migrate use info from an old box running sendmail authenticating against shadow to a new system running postfix authenticating against sasldb2 is to use the auto_transition feature. Is this true, or is there perhaps a manual_transition feature that I might employ?

If you have their clear-text password, or are willing to reset the passwords, it would be trivial to write a script to do it. Otherwise, you do not have sufficient information (shadow only stores a one-way hash of the password, using crypt or md5 depending on your OS and configuration) to regenerate the clear-text password that is required.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931