Hi,

We have a weird problem on our Murder setup (cyrus 2.1.14 on redhat 7.3). When I restart syslog on one of the backend servers, the frontends start to have problems and I get a bunch of error messages (on the frontends). Users then see their folders as if they were empty (for about half the connections). When I restart cyrus on the backend, everything comes back to normal. I also have to restart cyrus on the frontends because restarting cyrus on the backends causes the load to go way up on the frontends (a few proxyd processes use a lot of cpu).

The error message I get on the frontends is :
"couldn't authenticate to backend server: generic failure"

Nothing weird shows up in the logs on the backend. Any ideas on what is going on? We use DIGEST-MD5 to authenticate on the backends for the proxy user.