--On Monday, July 28, 2003 10:26 AM -0400 Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rob Siemborski wrote:
However, in Scott's case, he's not renaming the user, he's just moving it
between partitions.  I don't think we should be iterating across the list
to fix the username in this case (so we should fix this ;)...

Scott,

Try this (untested) patch which I just applied to CVS:

http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/cyrus/imap/imapd.c.
diff?r1=1.398.2.88&r2=1.398.2.89&f=u

I can confirm that this patch works as expected! The rename of a user from one partition to another without changing the name of the user now takes 16 seconds (on the user we tried) to complete. This is the same amount of time it took to rename the same user under the 2.0.16 code.

Thanks!
Scott
     Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
  UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
       ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
    PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/