Mike Allen wrote:

I get the above Fatal error when I try to do anything after the
following command:

telnet localhost imaps

Would someone please direct me as to how to debug this?  Thanks in
advance for your help.

First or all, telneting to port 993 won't get you any visible data, since SSL/TLS is negotiated before any IMAP protocol data is exchanged. If you really want to test imaps, then you should use imtest (included with Cyrus) or OpenSSL's s_client.

The error you are seeing most likely means that you haven't configured Cyrus for SSL/TLS (tls_* options in imapd.conf).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127