Norman Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I created a mailbox nzhang by

1. cyradm localhost
2. cm user.nzhang
3. quit
4. saslpasswd nzhang

Err it should be "saslpasswd2" - otherwise you are using a SASLv1 linked imap server, e.g. Cyrus 1.6.x...

But I don't see nzhang created under /var/spool/mail. I did set
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail in /etc/postfix/main.cf. Is there
something trivial that I'm missing? Do I need smtpd.conf (I can't find
this file)? Won't postfix take care of mail transfer?

mail_transport = lmtp:$myhostname

No... Use

fallback_transport = lmtp:unix:/path/to/your/lmtp/socket/lmtp

if you want to get mail delivered in your cyrus imap spool and local unix users will still have their /var/spool/mail-Files.

The Cyrus mail system does NOT use normal mailfiles, it has its own spool.

Pascal