Jeff wrote:

hi all,

I have finally managed to get my cyrus/postfix/mysql working thanks to
this list Luc de Louw's howto document.

I have a couple of questions about authentication though.

Currently, our mail server is host to about 6 domains.  If an email is
sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], it will be delivered to jeff.  The same happens if
I send to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and so on.

I would like to setup cyrus to be able to differentiate between these
domains, so I could have [EMAIL PROTECTED], and [EMAIL PROTECTED] being different
people.

The catch is: I would like domain1 to be a default domain, so that jeff
does not have to log in with jeff.domain1 as his username.

Can this be done?

Cyrus v2.2 has support for virtual domains. You can setup domain1 as the default domain, so that [EMAIL PROTECTED] simply logs in as jeff. For the other domains, users can have to log in as [EMAIL PROTECTED], etc.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127