My experiences also shw that unless you move the mailboxes.db file out of the way, it doesn't import the new content correctly.

HTH,

Will Prater wrote:

On Dec 3, 2003, at 5:43 AM, Robert Scussel wrote:

is spool/user/graeme.mercurycload.net present ( graeme^mercurycloud^net -- not sure on the way it is on disk )?

No.

Of course there is always the method of dump mailboxes.db file, edit, reimport, but that won't necessarily solve the underlying cause of your problem, just give you a quick fix to get rid of the mailbox.

I have done this.. edited out the line:
user.graeme^mercurycloud^net default graeme.mercurycloud.net lrswipcda cyrus lrswipcda

Imported the file back in, checked with cyradm and the account is still there.
Anything I could have done wrong. Here was my procedure:

----
> su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d -f /var/imap/mailboxes.db' > /var/imap/mailboxes.bak
.. edit the file and remove the bad mailbox line
> su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u < /var/imap/mailboxes.bak'
----

Thanks

HTH,

Will Prater wrote:

On Dec 2, 2003, at 1:37 PM, Andrew Morgan wrote:

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Will Prater wrote:

List,

I have a stuck mailbox. I have tried every method to delete it.

Here is an example of output from cyradm

----
localhost.mercurycloud.net> dm user/graeme.mercurycloud.net
deletemailbox: System I/O error
localhost.mercurycloud.net> cm user/graeme.mercurycloud.net
createmailbox: Mailbox already exists
localhost.mercurycloud.net>
----

I think I need to edit the db3 databse? Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried running reconstruct on the mailbox first? I'd try to make
the mailbox work correctly, then try to delete it.

Same results
----
> su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -f user/graeme.mercurycloud.net'
user.graeme^mercurycloud^net: System I/O error No such file or directory
----
Any more ideas on this one?
Thanks

-- Robert Scussel 1024D/BAF70959/0036 B19E 86CE 181D 0912 5FCC 92D8 1EA1 BAF7 0959

--will