Andreas S. Kerber wrote:

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 03:02:36PM +0100, Andreas S. Kerber wrote:

Yes the "test" User has a mailbox on the backend and it is possible
login as the "test" User on the backend, without any problems. Accessing
the INBOX via IMAP works too (I've used mutt). Here is the output
from the "SELECT" via imtest.

[...]

JFI I've just found what the problem with Murder+POP3 and IMAP 2.1.16
was.

<hostname>_mechs: (which is documented in 2.2-BETA), needed to be set
on the frontend. If it is not set, IMAP works (it used DIGEST-MD5 to talk to the
backend) but POP3 immediatly failed after the user authenticatet on the frontend.

The murder works fine now :-)

Is anybody using 2.2-BETA in a production environment or is it currently
better to use 2.1.16 (with skiplist)?

I've been running 2.2 on my production box since I started working on 2.2, without any problems. I know some others on th elist apparently are running it too. CMU is going to move to 2.2 over the winter break.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127