Doug Koobs wrote:

I've been doing some reading of the list archives, and have learned that my
current backup process is not sufficient. I'm hoping to get some feedback on
my new proposed process. I only have about 20 users, total mail store is
under 300 MB. I can stop the services. I want to be able to recover from
total disaster, and from user errors. For now, I will do a full backup
nightly

I'm using RH9 and Simon Matter's RPMs. Here are the beginnings of a script
that I hope to use:

#######################################
postfix stop                            # Stop MTA
etc/rc.d/init.d/cyrus-imapd stop                # Stop Cyrus
su cyrus -c "ctl_mboxlist -d" > mailboxes-`date '+%m%d%y'` # List mailboxes;
file makes restore easier???

#Backup the following directories (I  haven't decided on which tool yet):
#/var/spool/imap
#/var/lib/imap

etc/rc.d/init.d/cyrus-imapd start               # Start Cyrus
postfix start                           #Start MTA

Will this be sufficient? Thanks,

If you're using sieve, you'll also want to backup sievedir, unless you have it nested under configdir like I do.

-- Kenneth Murchison Oceana Matrix Ltd. Software Engineer 21 Princeton Place 716-662-8973 x26 Orchard Park, NY 14127 --PGP Public Key-- http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp