From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Paul Schiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "cyrus info"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: plus addressing issues (puremessage followup question)

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

So does anyone in the group have any suggestions for completely
disabling plus address handling in the cyrusv2 mailer, or anything
else that might alleviate my puremessage quarantine release woes?  I
do _not_ need [EMAIL PROTECTED] functionality, or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or any of that to work.  We don't use that
stuff at all and never plan to.  I just would like sendmail to be able
to handle plus addresses as though it was using a typical delivery
agent.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Paul Schiro
Sr. Systems Engineer

Probably not an answer at all, but...

if you were using postfix instead of sendmail I would be able to tell
you that you can disable the delimiter '+' in the configuration files of
the postfix application.

Since you are not using postfix, I can only suggest that you might look
at disabling the delimiter in the sendmail application.  That will force
the address [EMAIL PROTECTED] to be rejected rather than processed
to [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Paul,
  I think you want to look at turning off "preserve_local_plus_detail" in
your sendmail configuration.  See:
  http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#preserve_local_plus_detail
for details.  I would strongly recommend testing this before using it in
production, since I'm not sure what else turning this off will do.
  A line like:
define(`_PRESERVE_LOCAL_PLUS_DETAIL_', 0)
after the line that defines cyrus2 as your local mailer in your mc file
certainly seems to take out plussed-user support.
  Hope this helps, but if it eats all of your email and causes your server
to disapparate, my employer and I are not liable. :)
--
Andrew Caird

--
Laurent Larquère - Signature
Laurent Larquère

Tél : 04 42 72 65 69 - Fax : 04 42 72 65 68
Cell : 06 89 77 37 51
http://www.aacom.fr