Christiano Anderson wrote:

Hey guys,

I've finally found out the problem, and believe, it's really a bug,
either of Cyrus or SASL 2.

[...]

But it's a bug, and it must be fixed ASAP.

The bug is in LDAP, and the fix is OpenLDAP 2.1 (as a Debian 3.0 user -
like me - you have OpenLDAP 2.0). The version of OpenLDAP you are using
is linked against an older (and binary incompatible) SASL, and won't
compile with a newer version. OpenLDAP 2.1 works with SASL 2.1 and is confirmed (by me and others, check the list archives) to fix the problem.

I've tried both using SASL via PAM and via LDAP direcly. Same
problem.

I don't know why that problem happens. There is no an appearant
cause.

Basically, you have: Cyrus 2.1 -> SASL 2.1 -> OpenLDAP 2.0 -> SASL 1.5 -> segmentation fault.

--

Phil Brutsche
[EMAIL PROTECTED]