Hi everyone,

some weeks ago I posted a detailed description of my "lmtp read timeout" - problem ( http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&searchterm=read%20timeout&msg=26640 ).
In the meantime I came a bit closer to a solution:

I did a backup of all the mails. I installed SuSE 9.0 and configured the mail system and everything was working fine (LMTP delivered the mails). Then I copied the "configdirectory" and the "partition-default" backups into the system. May be there is a better way to restore the backups ?! Afterwards LMTP refused to deliver the mails again ( lmtp read timeout ).

So, there must be a relationship between the LMTP failure and the old mails.
What is LMTP doing ? Has it difficulties with some rare characters ?

Marek