Hi,

--On Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2004 12:04 Uhr -0500 Ken Murchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does anybody else use logwatch with Cyrus? I'd be interested in what
others do ...

Not currently, but I'd be interested in your script.

it's far from perfect, but I guess it's a start. I'm not sure if and how familiar you are with logwatch. You need three files, one describing the logfile, one for configuring the service and the actual script for the service.

In my case those three are:

/etc/log.d/conf/logfiles/imapd.conf
/etc/log.d/conf/services/cyrus.conf
/etc/log.d/scripts/services/cyrus

Im attaching them in an archive. Comments are welcome.

I think I know what the difference between PLAIN and plain is (the first
is a proper SASL mechanism, the latter isn't), but what's plaintext and
why is it the only mechanism that doesn't log "User logged in"?

plaintext is the built-in authentication command: LOGIN for IMAP, USER/PASS for POP3 and NNTP.

Hmm, OK, so what's plain then?

I just updated CVS so that all successful authentications get logged in a
consistent manner (imapd, pop3d, nntpd).

Great.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK