Zitat von Allister Gearon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thanks for your reply,
I assumed that if incoming email was to be scanned the antivirus/spam
program would have to catch it after Fetchmail has downloaded the mail from
the ISP, or during Cyrus' processing of the mail to local mailboxes (I am
using lmtp which uses cyrus's deliver daemon for local delivery). As I
understood postfix only comes into the picture when sending mail, either
locally or externally.
Have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Thanks
Al

if you use amavisd-new (not sure about the ng stuff) you put it before cyrus. I use lmtp delivery and it works just fine.

excerpts from main.cf

mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

excerpts from master.cf smtp-amavis unix - - y - 2 smtp -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200 -o disable_dns_lookups=yes

127.0.0.1:10025 inet n  -       y     -       -  smtpd
   -o content_filter=
   -o local_recipient_maps=
   -o relay_recipient_maps=
   -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
   -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
   -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
   -o strict_rfc821_envelopes=yes

I took this setup pretty much straight from the debian documentation for amavisd and it works like a champ. I have clam installed for the virus detection and spamassassin for spam. Amavisd takes care of calling them.

Eric