Hi All,

I am running Cyrus Imap 2.2.3 on RH ES 3.0 using MySQL 3.23.58 as my database so I can use my mail server with virtual domains (maildir).

I believe that I have configured everything correctly except I am getting the error below when I check pop3 email:

do_auth         : auth failure: [user=me@mydomain.com] [service=pop] [realm=] [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]

pop3[28753]: badlogin: my.ipaddress.location.etc plaintext [EMAIL PROTECTED] SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass failed

I know the error may be quite vague and it could be a number of things, but, I remember reading something earlier today about if you are using PAM authentication with SASLAUTHD then you should disable KERBEROS/KRB4 on you Cyrus config. For some reason it takes over the authentication process???

I have been searching for the documentation that I passed by, with no luck in finding it. If anyone could confirm the disabling of KERBEROS or if you know the reason of why I am getting the above error… any help would be appreciated.

I am positive that I am using the correct password that is in users email accounts table in mysql, and I checked my mysql.log file and the correct query is being run when checking for email.

Thanks,

Emma