[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Simon,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 08:24:29AM +1300, Simon Brady wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Feb 15 04:26:00 host.cwi.nl lmtpd[28106]: [ID 358100 local6.info] sieve parse error for user: line 7: fileinto not required
[...] Did anyone experience this before? Does anybody have any idea why this
is happening?

If the script includes a fileinto action it needs to begin with the line

require "fileinto";

This is because fileinto is an optional capability for Sieve
implementations (see RFC 3028 sections 2.10.5, 3.2 and 4.2). Admittedly the error message is ambiguous to someone who doesn't already know the special meaning being given to the verb "require": perhaps something like

"require" statement missing for fileinto capability

would be clearer?

This is not what I'm talking about. I stated earlier that the scripts
are syntactically correct. In addition to that -- all requirements are in the scripts!

I suspect this is a bug and it's load and/or uptime related.
Question remains: did anyone experience lmtpd reporting *faulty*
sieve perse errors?

This is most likely caused by the Sieve lexer/parser not resetting its state after a runtime failure (as mentioned in bug #1951). You can try the patch attached to the bug, but I don't think it completely solves the problem.

The real solution to the problem is to upgrade to v2.2.3 which precompiles the scripts into bytecode, thereby avoiding parsing scripts in lmtpd.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus