--On Saturday, 20 March, 2004 23:59 +1100 Carl Brewer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
Everything works, except the virtusertables.  Ie: I can send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and it works fine, the aliases entries send local
mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] as per the aliases
file.

I couldn't find anything on your site that seemed to offer the
same functionality as virtusertables.  Googling around seems to
suggest that sendmail does mailertables first, and doesn't look
at the virtusertables with the above setup.  I don't know if I
completely understood your localtable setup, but it appeared to
me to be more of an aliases workalike than a virtusertable workalike,
and I wasn't sure if it worked with or clashed with virtual hosting?

The only other info I've been able to find is someone else
trying to do the same thing as me (I think!) :

So ... I *think* what I need to be able to do is get
sendmail to run the virtusertable, then the mailertable (and
thus pass the mail to cyrusv2d via the mailertable).  Is
this possible?  Does cyrus imapd offer any form of aliasing
within itself instead of using a virtusertable through sendmail?

Actually, sendmail _should_ process the virtusertable first. When sendmail.cf is generated, it comes before the mailertable rules in ruleset "Parse1" in the default generated sendmail.cf. I would recommend that you try doing the following to see if it is actually hitting the virtusertable and not finding a match or missing it altogether before getting to the mailertable rules:

sendmail -d60.5 -bt [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was having similar problems with some addresses when I was trying to get my custom rules working prior to Andrej's new ruleset that you are using, and I eventually had to use fairly full debugging to find out what was going wrong. If the above doesn't help much in determining what is wrong, try:

sendmail -d -bt [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I hope this helps in your tracking down what is wrong,
Will

William K. Hardeman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
               -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus