Rob,

Kinda "yes" and kinda "no". Since the transition is from an old ESYS commercial version, there are no cyrus.* files anyway -- they changed them to fdb.* and I have no idea whether the file has a similar format or not. So the problem occur when no cyrus.* files. I also added an empty cyrus.header file without success. But when I straight over copied a cyrus.header file from a folder that would reconstruct properly, then the problem went away.

I should be able to bang out a quick perl program to creat cyrus.header files for every folder. I went through a number of folders that have a valid format and looked at the cyrus.header files to get an idea of what I need to do, and I have a question about the layout. The file begins with 3 bytes of binary data that appear to be a constant followed by several lines of ASCII text that appears also to be constant. The next line, however, appears to be a string of 16 hex digits (printed in ASCII) and that is not constant. How do I derive the value, or does it matter what I put in there? The next line is blank, and the next line appears to be the ACLs from the mailboxes db.

Am I missing anything in that description, and what's the scoop on the variable 16 digit hex string?

Thanks,
Rob