Ken Murchison wrote:
Andrzej Filip wrote:

1) Is it possible to make exim verify existence of Cyrus mailboxes via LMTP callouts ? [something like already implemented SMTP callouts]

Exim can verify sender/recipient addresses by issuing "RCPT TO:" in special SMTP session.

[ I have already asked similar question in [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]

2) Would such recipient verification procedure create any problems for cyrus ?

I think the easiest way for any MTA to verify the existence of Cyrus mailboxes via LMTP is for the MTA to issue the VRFY command to lmtpd. This currently isn't implemented in lmtpd, but it would take me about 5 minutes to do so. The special "map" protocols that Sendmail and Postfix use are nice, but they are overkill for verifying Cyrus mailboxes.

Could you implement VRFY ?

I would like to use it in custom "socket map" first and directly in exim callouts later.

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi