Carl Brewer wrote:

Chris Harms wrote:

Hello,

After going into production from a working test installation, I cannot seem to get mail to cyrus from sendmail without the domain getting stripped and summarily replaced by the local host name. At present I'm attempting to use the new cyrusv2d mailer defs as follows:

[ sendmail.mc ]
define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2d')dnl
MAILER(`cyrusv2')dnl
MAILER(`local')dnl
MAILER(`smtp')dnl

I think th eorder of the MAILER() defs is wrong.

Mine looks like :

VERSIONID(`$Id: rollcage2.mc,v 1.1 2004/05/08 22:42:23 carl Exp carl $')
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
FEATURE(mailertable, hash /etc/mail/mailertable)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable, hash /etc/mail/virtusertable)dnl
VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/virthosts')dnl
FEATURE(access_db, hash -T<TMPF> /etc/mail/access)dnl
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v4, Family=inet')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')
define(`confME_TOO', True)dnl
define(`confTRUSTED_USERS', majordom)dnl

OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spamassassin', `S=local:/var/run/spamass.sock, F=,T=C:15m;S:4
m;R:4m;E:10m')
dnl
dnl Enforce valid Message-Id to help stop spammers
dnl
LOCAL_RULESETS
HMessage-Id: $>CheckMessageId

SCheckMessageId
R< $+ @ $+ >            $@ OK
R$*                     $#error $: 553 Header Error

MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)
MAILER(cyrusv2)

And it works fine.

The virtuserdomain file is useful :)

Carl

Thanks for responding. I did end up making that change, however I had complicated things by adding the domain to the local-host-names file to get rid of another error, which was obviously a no-no. I was getting some relaying_denied errors until adding:

To:domain.tld     RELAY

to access db

I'm afraid to do
domain.tld RELAY
as I have a hunch that puts me at risk for being a spam relay. If someone has better advice on that, please inform.

Thanks for the help,
Chris