Hi,

-- Etienne Goyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is rumored to have mumbled on Dienstag, 22. Juni 2004 12:09 Uhr -0400 regarding High availability ... again:

 From what I can see, I would have two possibilities to make a hot spare
Cyrus IMAP daemon : replication, or cluster filesystem/block device
(drdb, GFS, etc).

those aren't the only two options. We are using shared storage, but with regular fileystems (ext3 in our case, because Red Hat doesn't officially support XFS). The idea is that each partition is mounted only on one computer at a time. This is handled by the Red Hat Cluster Suite, aka Kimberlite. We are currently using a SCSI RAID with two separate SCSI controllers (one for each node of the cluster), but I'd recommend using Fiberchannel.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK