Derrick J Brashear wrote:

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:

Derrick J Brashear wrote:

I guess you assume then that imapd is setuid, otherwise, how is a user expected to run it and have access to the mail store? that's fine, i just want to know your expectations up front are in line with reality

Correct. I stated as such in my post.

Right, I'm slow. I was doing that while trying to fix a serious work issue (which maybe I did)

I'm inclined to say we take it with a note which says basically we don't encourage its use and if it breaks in the future, no promises.

Actually, we would also need to note that the Cyrus START processes (e.g. ctl_cyrusdb -r) and EVENTs (e.g. ctl_cyrusdb -c) MUST still be run.

I'm still inclined to not commit this, since I don't think its a big deal that a client has to enter their password.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
---