Hi,

--On Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2004 22:23 Uhr +0200 Tom Bryntesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What kind of authentication mechanisms do you recommend when
using Cyrus on a system with about 10.000 users.

I'm not sure about "recommend", but we just use sasldb2. That gives us the greatest flexibility as far as auth mechs are concerned. We offer PLAIN, LOGIN (only over SSL/TLS), CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5 and NTLM. That's necessary because of the huge variety of mailers that people are using. We sync sasldb2 with our own user database for shell accounts with custom scripts. Of course it would be nice to have only one centralized user database, but with our very heterogeneous environment that's not really an option.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (GebÃude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum fÃr angewandte Informatik - UniversitÃtsweiter Service RRZK