Jim Archer wrote:
I was just faced with a demand from a new CIO to make Outlook and it's calendaring work and I really don't want to migrate to an Exchange server. I like Cyrus!
A little digging revealed the Bynari Insight Connector, which is supposed to install in to any version of Outlook and make it use an IMAP server with ACL support on the folders as an Exchange server.

I don't think this would allow you to use Outlook's calendaring because Cyrus doesn't have any way to save any calendaring information. You need to get a groupware product that can save the calendaring info. I would tell your boss that in order to get Outlook's calendaring to work, you either have to spend a buttload of money on MS Exchange (plus licensing every year) and go through the hassle of switching everything over, or a fraction of that price on SuSE Open Exchange Server, which would allow you to keep all your email in Cyrus (Open Exchange uses Cyrus).

--Dan
---