Mark Hannessen wrote:

well, db4 was the default... so I thought....
a well, you got the picture :p

anyways I am using skiplist now, and so far so good.
but this entire thing does keep me wondering why skiplist isn't the default..

Because BDB is faster for random lookups.

http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/WhatDatabaseBackend

anyway, A big thanks to all you people out there.

Mark Hannessen

>Seriously, why don't you guys switch to skiplist and avoid the whole Berkeley DB
>mess? I switched to skiplist for mailboxes.db, deliver.db, and the seen databases
>(on 2.1.x) about a year and a half ago and haven't had a problem since. Berkeley DB
>may perform better in some situations, but IMHO it's not worth the hassle it brings.
>YMMV...
>
>---
>Cyrus Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
>Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
---