Craig White wrote:

I believe that you are correct on the patch level but interestingly
enough, it doesn't complain if I include any of the following directives
in /etc/imapd.conf

autocreate_sieve_script: /etc/default_sieve_script
autocreate_sieve_compiledscript: /etc/default_sieve_script.bc
generate_compiled_sieve_script: 1

Cyrus would not complain neither if it supported these options, nor if it did not supported them.

I don't think I've tried all of the combinations of them yet but they
don't appear to work.

The above configuration is correct as long as the files are valid sieve scripts and readable by cyrus. Moreover, the patch is executed only when there is no user mailbox and the user logs into the system. And not when you create the mailbox using cyradm or other administering tool.

and in /usr/share/doc/cyrus-imapd-2.2.10/README.autosievefolder
there is no mention of those items.

Autosieve folder patch is a different patch from autocreate inbox/sieve. It implements the creation of a folder upon file_into command from a sieve script. Perhaps you should read the README.autocreate file for more information in these options or read the following links :

http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/autocreate/README.autocreate-cyrus-2.2

I appreciate your offer of the packages and note that apparently
fedora-3 is using some derivative of your packages since I recall seeing
the name on some file they distribute.

I am going to try to stick with that which is distributed by fedora
package for automated updates, etc. and so that really leaves me option
2 - which isn't so terrible since I have the bytecoded script in hand
and I will script new users anyway.

I believe that Simon's patches are very stable and always uptodate against security and bug fixes. So I am sure, you should try them.

I might put in a bugzilla entry into fedora though...