gopalakrishnan kamalanathan wrote:
Hi,

I have a few question on the Cyrus IMAP implementation.
1) What is the memory footprint of the Cyrus IMAP.
This will vary with usage, more concurrent connections will require more RAM. An anecdotal sample from my server shows:
imap process: resident set size 1996k of which 1620k is shared
lmtp process: rss = 1640K with 1360K shared

2) What is the maximum number of simultaneous connections that the Cyrus IMAP server can handle.
I don't know what the hard limits are, if any. In practice, it will depend on available RAM and other system limitations. I believe the CMU folks regularly see around 15000 concurrent connections, though that's spread across eight or ten Cyrus servers, if I remember correctly.

3) How many threads does the Cyrus imap server create? Does it have a fixed pool of threads or does it create new threads as and when needed basis?
It's not threaded. It keeps a pool of processes waiting for connections. The number of pre-spawned processes is configurable. As they are used, new processes are spawned and added to the pool.

4) Is it possible to have multiple connections to the same mailbox?
Yes.
---