Derrick J Brashear wrote:

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Joćo Assad wrote:

and then give us a backtrace from the core which you will then get?

After doing that, the mupdate process now exits with signal 11 as expected.
OTOH the core isnt getting dumped to disk for some reason...

The only internal resource limit play happens for fds, not coredumps, so we haven't disabled it, if you can't get a core, I'm somewhat lost as to suggestions.

Fixed the core problem by adding chdir("/tmp") before the assert(0) .

I'll first generate a core by raising the mupdaet_worker settings and reimporting my backends db into the master.
and then another one with the settings I currently use during run time.. which takes much longer for the problem to happen.