My setup is FC3 with postfix + cyrus-2.2.10-3. I had several messages in the queue stating "Invalid header". After searching for hours, I attempted to save the message using postcat
so I could see what part of the header was invalid. There was/is a line:

with nothing after the line. I removed the line and re-sent the message successfully. Why would single line called Message-ID: cause lmtpd message header errors?

Please point me to some RFC or documentation. I need to present to the higher-UPS a decent explanation on why this message took 6 hours to get delivered.

Vernon
---