On Thu, 5 May 2005, Phil Chambers wrote:

I am running cyrus-imap-2.2.8 and it has been running continuously for over a
year
without a shutdown.  Today I suddenly have a problem which shows up with
Mulberry.
Mulberry hangs at startup while trying to obtain a list of all users.

A protocol log on cyrus show that the the IMAP process has obtained a list of
the
user's folders and then issued:

 A00006 LIST "" "user.%"

command. The IMAP process has not responded and appears to be hanging and does
not
time-out (at least, I have waited several minutes).

What does a syscall tracer show the imapd doing when this is happening?

Is it likely I have a genuine lock problem or could there be some other issue here?

I don't think you've given us enough information to know that.

---