Alain Williams wrote:
On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 07:40:25PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Patrick Gibson wrote:

Is there any particular reason why info-cyrus is not a closed list? It is unnecessary in my opinion to be receiving spam via a list that can easily restrict posting to subscribed members.

The spam can be (and on other lists has been) forged as from members. Then what?

Quite possible ... but more difficult for the spammer to do.

Making it closed would improve matters.

I would also like to see '[info-cyrus]' put on the subject line.

Making the list semi-moderated may help e.g. using spamassassin with well trained bayes to select candidates for "manual" approval.

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---