[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello list,

We're currently running Cyrus IMAP 2.2.8 and having the following problem.
When a message arrives via LMTP with the header "Subject:
SUBJECTLINE\r\r\n" the message i broken and all other header-lines after
this line are put in the body! This is not cute at all ..

I suppose this "conversion" happens in spool_copy_msg()?

Cyrus isn't converting anything. What you're seeing is GIGO (garbage in, garbage out). The message is broken per RFC 2822. You should complain about the software that generated this message.

The message pass through Exim, Amavis and SpamAssassin without any
problem before it's reaching Cyrus.

Somebody have an idea how to correct this properly?

If you want to build more intelligence into Cyrus' message parsing, we'd be glad to look at a patch, but we're not going to expend a lot of energy trying to "fix" broken messages.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
---