Philip Edelbrock wrote:

I'm about to deploy a new mail server using Cyrus-imapd and Sieve (RHE-ES 4). My last step is to make sure I can have automated vacation messages. But, I can't get a test script to work. Rejects work fine, but vacation does not.

This machine has no user accounts matching the email accounts (an advantage to using Cyrus-imapd, I think). Does Sieve's vacation functionality require user home directories to store a DB? (just a guess).

Here's my test script:

require "reject";
require "fileinto";
require "vacation";
require "envelope";

if header :contains "Subject" "test" {
 vacation :days 7 "vactest!";
}

Replacing the vacation line with a reject line works.

Thanks!

Phil

Ack! I work on this for days, and finally make some headway just /after/ emailing the list. *sigh*

Anyways, populating the ":addresses" parameter makes it work. I was hoping to have a generic script that I could use for any user, but at least I've got something working now.

Phil
---