On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

Andrew Morgan schreef:

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

Igor Brezac schreef:

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Paul van der Vlis wrote:

Hello,

I want to use 2 authentication mechanisms with Saslauthd. When the
first
one gives "no", it should try the other one.

The man-page says: "saslauthd supports one or more 'authentication
mechanisms',

This does not say that you can use more than one concurrently.

You can use only one at a time.

Are you really sure? This is important for me.

/etc/defaults/saslauthd in Debian says:

# You must specify the authentication mechanisms you wish to use.
# This defaults to "pam" for PAM support, but may also include
# "shadow" or "sasldb", like this:
# MECHANISMS="pam shadow"

I want to use "pam ldap".

As an alternative, if you are already using pam why not use the pam_ldap
module in your pam config?

Saslauthd with pam seems to be the more-stable and flexable alternative.

It is more flexible, but not more stable (see archives), performance is suspect as well.

Is it possible in pam to use more then one module?

Yes.

--
Igor
---