Sorry to add something so late...

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:28 , Etienne Goyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

Phil Brutsche wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I was hired for updating the server, i choosed Fedora and Cyrus; now
the problem is that from time to time, some users download the same
messages again (because they are not old enough to being deleted) so,
that way, they got the same message more than twice.

Outlook doesn't like the POP3 UID values generated by Cyrus. I'm afraid
that outside of dumping Outlook for something else there isn't anything
that can be done about it.

I had the Outlook problem with Cyrus UIDL about two years ago.  AFAIK,
it was restricted to Outlook 2k3, and fixed with SP1 (or so I have been
said).

SP1 does not sem to have fixed this according to our tests.

IIRC Outlook Express suffers from a similar affliction.

It was not my experience.

Seems better than Outlook.

However, there might be other issue that I am not aware of.

--
Alan Thew                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computing Services, University of Liverpool     Fax: +44 151 794-4442