Generally, the releases are done by whomever is the current lead Cyrus
developer employed by Carnegie Mellon.  That position is now vacant,
since Derrick Brashear left for greener pastures.

If the code gets to a point where it can be considered stable enough
for a release prior to us hiring another developer, the job of making
the release would probably fall to me.

That said, I haven't been following the 2.3 developement closely since
I've been busy enough doing upgrades and fighting the spam war.
Hopefully, once I finish this round of upgrades, I will have some time
to catch up on the recent development work and possibly become more
actively involved.

If, however, the developer community decides that 2.3 is ready for a
release before then, something could be arranged.

-jeaton

--
Jeffrey T. Eaton                    esp                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Research Systems Programmer                      Carnegie-Mellon University

---