Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
FWIW, I've experimented with 750k mailboxes on a single system with 8GB RAM and we
plan to put that number in production in a couple of months here.

Ouch, 750k?  How many concurrent accesses?

We currently have 1.6M, 1.2M and 940k mailboxes in 3 boxes with fiber to a single emc storage, all boxes dual Xeon 3.4Ghz EMT64T with 4G.

I'd better rephrase the question... how many concurrent *USERS* are
accessing the system over imap? pop? lmtp?

Our imap usage pattern is webmail only, users only 'see' pop3, so our concurrent use of imap is a lot lower than normal email clients.

--
Sergio Devojno Bruder