On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 17:48 +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Thank you Vittorio for your script, but you are stopping the cyrus and
> I think it's very problematic in production environment.

I think the point is that, short of using some of the replication stuff
from pre-2.3 in CVS, there's no proper way of doing a hot backup.  All
of the snapshotting techniques (whether filesystem snapshots, rsync or
otherwise) require a little bit of downtime to complete, but are
employed *specifically* to minimize downtime.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Naked Ape Consulting, Ltd. <http://nakedape.cc>