twk schrieb:

Klaus,

The way I solved this was by designating a specific folder to be my sent folder (in my case "out"), adding the "anyone p" privelege to the folder, then replacing the "save a copy" action with a BCC with plus addressing to the "out" folder ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). Then, a copy of the message is actually sent to the sent folder, which is not dependent on the copy action in Thunderbird.

I have used this for years and it works flawlessly

2 caveats :
- our sendmail rules normalize everything to lower case, so the folder name must be all lower case letters - everything in the "out" folder appears as a unread message. I occasionally select all the messages and mark them as read.

Tom,

thanks. I'll try Ken's advise first and use your proposal if that won't help.

Klaus