David Lang wrote:
>(..)
I was recently doing some testing of lots of small files on the various filesystems, and I ran into a huge difference (8x) depending on what allocator was used for ext*. the default allocator changed between ext2 and ext3 (you can override it as a mount option) and when reading 1M files (10 dirs of 10 dirs of 10 dirs of 1000 1K files) the time to read them went from ~5 min with the old allocator useed in ext2 to 40 min for the one that's the default for ext3.

David Lang

(!!) Interesting. You said mount options? man mount man page only show me data=journal, data=ordered, data=writeback, etcetera.

How can I change that?

--
Sergio Bruder