Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:

Is there a way to get cyradm to use TLS (or STARTTLS) when connecting to
the server?  We are planning to authenticate with /etc/shadow using
saslauthd, and use TLS to avoid putting plaintext passwords on the wire.
However, I have found out that specifying

allowplaintext: 0

prevents us from using cyradm.

First of all, I'm not aware of TLS support in Cyrus, only SSL. I could be wrong, though.

It certainly does support TLS. In fact support for STARTTLS and the TLS v1 cipher suites was added first (because it is standards track) and support for SSL v2/v3 and SSL wrapped services was added later to support legacy clients.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer