Hi,

--On 7. Februar 2006 09:07:42 +0100 Tarjei Huse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, yesterday I had to remove the quota for some of my users. I did the
following:
cd /var/lib/imap/quota
rm u/user.username
quota -f

This happened to increase the usage data of many of my users, not only
the ones I removed the quota of. Why?

good question. I have made the same observation. "quota -f" seems to have issues in Cyrus 2.2. I found that it exactly doubles and halves the quotas in turns. It even did so within the same run, i.e. some accounts were reported twice, once with the lower quota, then again with the higher one.

Tests I did with "du -sh" seemed to indicate that neither value was precise, but I'm not entirely sure. What's expecially weird is that in my case only account beginning with a appeared to be affected. I found that I could "fix" the accounts that were suddenly reported as being over quota by running

quota -f user/accountname

When I did that, the lower value was reliably set. I'm currently testing 2.3.1 on a replica of our server and I have run into quota issues there as well, but that's a topic for a separate mail.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK