On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 21:39 +1100, Rob Mueller wrote:
When I shut down Cyrus cleanly, which of the files in /var/lib/cyrus/db
can be deleted safely along with deliver.db then?

FYI, we're using 2.3 and have:

duplicate_db: berkeley-nosync
seenstate_db: skiplist
subscription_db: flat
mboxlist_db: skiplist

And our cyrus start script does:

        # Remove db3 log files
        rm -f /var/imap/db/log.*
        rm -f /var/imap/db/__db*
        rm -f /var/imap/deliver.db

So basically we try and completely delete everything to do with BDB on each
cyrus restart. It makes restarting a much saner proposition.

be careful.  in general, deleting transactions which haven't been
applied to the database isn't a good solution.  but since you're only
using Berkeley for duplicate_db, which is non-critical, it is fine in
your setting.

This is really not neccassry unless the berkeley database is corrupt. Use 'db_recover' to reset the berkeley environment while cyrus server is not running.

Why are folks still using DB3?

--
Igor