Hi,

A followup. It seems that I informed incorrectly and that our authentication whas hacked to let us login to all accounts with a second password.

I am able to do this now with pam + mysql too. I added a second line in my pam-msql config so that it also checks an other column if the normal password doesn't work. (Maybe I could use an other module)

However this doesn't solve my other problem: the cyradm user his password is in the /etc/sasldb2 file.

Any pointers for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Rudy

Rudy Gevaert wrote:
Simon Matter wrote:

Hi,

With the help of the list I have set up cyrus + sasl + pam + mysql.  The
only problem I still have is that I can't log in for a user with the
cyradm password.

My cyradm password is set and can be found in the /etc/sasldb2 file.

If you have your users in mysql, you don't need anything in /etc/sasldb2.
You have to set your admin accounts for cyradm in the mysql db.

Ok: I removed /etc/sasldb2 and added a user cyradm in my mysql db. With a password.

opening an imap connection for a user and using the password of the cyradm user doesn't work.

Neighter does
sieveshell  -a cyrus -u rgevaert localhost
(Before with the sasldb2 file I could get logged in)

(I have a /etc/pam.d/sieve in place that points to pam-mysql)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Rudy Gevaert                             e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Directie ICT, Afdeling Infrastructuur
Groep Systemen                                      tel: +32 9 264 4734
Universiteit Gent / Ghent University                fax: +32 9 264 4994
Krijgslaan 281, gebouw S9, 9000 Gent, Belgie               www.UGent.be