Simon

Thanks for the info.

I'll try again after I switch to ldap based virtual aliases.

John

Simon Matter wrote:

Made some progress, seems it's more of a postfix issue but have not had
any luck on the postfix newsgroup :(

This is what I have tried:

local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

tried in  /etc/postfix/virtual:

test1            :include:/etc/postfix/lists/test1

Looking at the docs it seems that :include: is not allowed in
virtual_alias_maps, only in aliases. "man aliases" mentions :include: but
"man virtual" doesn't.

test2    user1, user2, user3

test1 does not work
test2 does

I'm guessing that it's running in chroot environment and can not read
the include file.

I'm using  include files as it makes it a lot easier for the Human
Resource people to edit the lists.   I plan on changing the alias maps
to ldap  in a couple months rather not change twice.

Is there a place I can put the include files that will work and what
will I give as
the path?
Or if I'm totally wrong get me know that too ;-)

Are alias_maps the only thing I need to deal with when changing the
local_transport to lmtp?

virtual aliases work with lmtp as local_transport. From the man page:
      The  optional  virtual(5)  alias  table rewrites recipient
      addresses for all local, all virtual, and all remote  mail
      destinations.   This  is unlike the aliases(5) table which
      is used only for local(8) delivery.

lmtp delivery with single instance works well here with ldap based virtual
aliases.

Simon

Thanks

John

John McMonagle wrote:

Trying to get singleinstancestore to work.

Using debian sarge with postfix and cyrus 2.1.18-1.

Been searching through this list and goggle.

maps are:
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-users.cf,
hash:/etc/postfix/local-accounts

local_destination_recipient_limit = 200
lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 200

mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

If I set:
local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

It works but then the aliases do not work :(
This sort of defeats the whole point as the local mailing lists are
defined in aliases.

Saw some mention to use virtual_ maps but have not seen anything that
makes sense to me.
Any pointers hints etc??

Thanks

John

begin:vcard
fn:John McMonagle
n:McMonagle;John
org:Advocap Inc
adr;dom:;;2929 Harrison St;Oshkosh;WI;54936
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:IT Manager
tel;work:920-426-0150
x-mozilla-html:FALSE